sharetrader
Page 146 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

On reflection I think this is a case of -

Solid report and no matter what happens to the share price today be patient - the rewards will continue for some years
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    Cold storage didn't do so well.
    .....but Meateor doing great

12 tons of stuff for pet food - wow

Love that part of the business - impressive operation

Banned

interesting market reaction....

Down 23 already, I guess the market really is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde haha
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Handsome Member

Market not liking it this morning.....down 6% already. Hope it closes a little better. Still a long term holder so not too much of a worry "yet"

Super Investor

This time last year it's market cap was 276m and yesterday it was 489m and the half yearly result only shows a marginal increase in profit. Figures.
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Market not liking it this morning.....down 6% already. Hope it closes a little better. Still a long term holder so not too much of a worry "yet"
    Seems to be a typical reaction with companies which have seen a rapid increase in the SP in a short space of time (AKA A2). I'm getting a few more at these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    This time last year it's market cap was 276m and yesterday it was 489m and the half yearly result only shows a marginal increase in profit. Figures.
    So a PE (if you fancy that measure) of about 16

When that aussie Costa floated last year it had a PE of about 15/16 and noodles/me suggested that scales could be 'rerated' Well it has been - but is it performing?

I see that Costa had a stunning result today and currently it's PE is 19

Will look at EV / EBITDA multiples later.

At least dividend yield will support the share price for a while
    Last edited by winner69; 25-08-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer01 View Post
    Seems to be a typical reaction with companies which have seen a rapid increase in the SP in a short space of time (AKA A2). I'm getting a few more at these prices.
    You will probably be buying mine, good lot up for sale, sold some yesterday at $3.55, have been partially skunked as with A2.(Note to self, upon rapid share price rise, never think it's going to go up on results day) Using my proceeds to buy some up and coming divvy payers. Of course the silver lining for me is that Air hasn't had a rapid rise, so that should happen after the result tomorrow.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

Default First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Out of interest looked at SCL and SEK for comparative purposes from NZX website.

SEK - EPS-0.271, PE of 17.15 at current sp of $4.65, shares issued 16,359,299

SCL - EPS-0.279, PE of 11 at current sp of $3.08, shares issued 139,779,906

Even if we were attribute 14 as a decent PE for SCL we're looking at sp close to $4, and they're more diversified with 3 key division now.

I think we should see sp back up sooner, just my 2 cents DYOR.
    From 18/5/16 Mid point of their forecast for this year, (they have a track record of beating forecasts) gives $32.1m or 23 cps. Top end of forecast, more likely in my opinion, $34.6m gives 24.7 cps.

Now the question is given that last years underlying profit was $35.7m so I expect we're basically looking at a flat year with no profit growth what's the right PE in an ultra low interest rate environment ?

Industry headwinds in the cool store operations, I presume this relates to Dairy ?
    Volumes up pretty nicely but gross margin down quite a lot so in $Kiwi terms we're not seeing the price increases that were eluded too in earlier months trade stat's...trade stat's implied price increases ?????
    Pet food good growth but some concerns regarding possible lack of input ingredients so perhaps some impact in the second half.
    Currency obviously a bigger issue than the market and I was expecting.
    Got ahead of itself at $3.50.

My preliminary thinking is fair value is based on top end of forecast guidance range 24.7 cps and a PE of 13-14 seems right to me gives target price in 6 months time of $3.21- $3.45