sharetrader
Page 150 of 247 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Even Scales full year result commentaries tempered the previous 'strong growth' narrative some what

That changed my view as well -- less 'growth' than previously hyped 'strong growth' - and market seems to have done the same
    That's it exactly Winner. All the signs were extremely positive, trade data in the months leading up to the result indicated strong growth in apple exports and prices and my, indeed our previous strong growth comments were based on best known indicators at the time. Not our fault the actual result was slightly underwhelming. Obviously the effects of the higher $Kiwi a factor here.

For what its worth I still retain over 40% of my original holding and would be happy to revert to a stronger position at the right price and top up like I did last time at around $2.90. I don't think it'll go under $3.00 again so maybe close to $3 is a more realistic reentry but predicting the future is fraught with difficulty and this instance a classic case in point.

Still a good company with good prospects and a pretty good prospect of a takeover at some stage in the future. Like you mate and like most other professional investors we regularly adjust positons based on our level of conviction with each particular investment case as it evolves.

I'm with you Jantar, my highest conviction holdings right at this point are AIR and HLG. I hold some GNE as well but don't have a huge level of conviction over that investment story. A lot of the other stocks I hold I simply consider a hold at this point. Market is pretty much fully priced but no point having much money in a call account is there especially with dividend season almost upon us !
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-08-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Roger, I take it you still bullish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Just cruising mate, neither bearish or overly bullish. Can't sell this puppy completely because of my well proven record of attracting Murphy's Law. The second I sell out completely the Chinese will swoop like hungry wolves and the beagle will be left howling with discontent licking his empty food bowl in disgust with himself....so the hound has a bob each way....self insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just cruising mate, neither bearish or overly bullish. Can't sell this puppy completely because of my well proven record of attracting Murphy's Law. The second I sell out completely the Chinese will swoop like hungry wolves and the beagle will be left howling with discontent licking his empty food bowl in disgust with himself....so the hound has a bob each way....self insurance
    Is a buy out possible given that there is a substantial amount of Hawkes Bay land that is owned/leased by Mr Apple. Meaning would the Government allow that amount of land going to the Chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer01 View Post
    Is a buy out possible given that there is a substantial amount of Hawkes Bay land that is owned/leased by Mr Apple. Meaning would the Government allow that amount of land going to the Chinese?
    Good question. Have the overseas investment office moved on to more pragmatic thinking since the fiasco that was that big farm near Taupo ? Thoughts anyone ?

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by Golfer01 View Post
    To my understanding, orchards are owned by individual growers. CR would be buying the contract for supply that SCL has. So the land is not up for option. I think that's right, but happy to be proven otherwise.

Investor

https://nzx.com/companies/SCL/announcements/288469

Most of SCL pundits know this already....

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    https://nzx.com/companies/SCL/announcements/288469

Most of SCL pundits know this already....
    Fantastic news eh sb9

Like Comvita possibly jump 20% odd on this happening - $4.00 has a nice ring to it

Weird eh - they'll welcome these new investors even though te only reason they are 'investing' because Scales has joined an index. Not really 'investing' is it - most probably never showed any inclination to 'invest' in Scales before

Whose complaining - 4 bucks be good
    Last edited by winner69; 05-09-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Fantastic news eh sb9

Like Comvita possibly jump 20% odd on this happening - $4.00 has a nice ring to it

Weird eh - they'll welcome these new investors even though te only reason they are 'investing' because Scales has joined an index. Not really 'investing' is it - most probably never showed any inclination to 'invest' in Scales before

Whose complaining - 4 bucks be good
    Sure do winner, 4 would round it off nicely for me.

Just from my recent experience while on holiday in sunny GC across ditch, couldn't help notice how bad quality of apples over there in supermarkets where I shopped yet quite pricey around $4.99/kg.

Compare same here with good quality of apples around $3.50/kg mark.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sure do winner, 4 would round it off nicely for me.

Just from my recent experience while on holiday in sunny GC across ditch, couldn't help notice how bad quality of apples over there in supermarkets where I shopped yet quite pricey around $4.99/kg.

Compare same here with good quality of apples around $3.50/kg mark.
    I was there at the weekend, the ones I saw that looked bad were organic..that is the catch with organic... hard to always make beautiful apples when organic....they come warts and all..a look that the consumer is now not use to.