sharetrader
Page 179 of 247 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/SCL/announcements/306020

First significant fall in profit in a while.

Best is over for SCL for now?
    was telegraphed in june so no surprise
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    was telegraphed in june so no surprise
    Exactly, this was all quite expected, a pretty hefty fall - although profit guidance reaffirmed and within targets, nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The big unsaid is what has been happening with apple supply from places like Chile - this was a huge issue in the past and is becoming a big issue again.

I think it's not so much the demand of the apples, which may be the case with Chile that have fallen - moreso the production, packout rates, and 'unforeseen' weather circumstances increasing costs and decreasing efficiency. Can't really help the weather, I do hope however that having multiple 'cyclones' thundering through our apple producing regions doesn't become the norm.
    Last edited by Ace; 24-08-2017 at 10:26 AM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

hefty fall alright for something well telegraphed , must be to do with the technicals lol

anyway reason i liked it from the start were growth which could be made in logistics and storage also now appealing is the china market opportunity for which they will need to buy more apple supply

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hefty fall alright for something well telegraphed , must be to do with the technicals lol

anyway reason i liked it from the start were growth which could be made in logistics and storage also now appealing is the china market opportunity for which they will need to buy more apple supply
    Not really a hefty fall ...just a tad of record(?) highs

Reaffirming guidance means H2 is going to be at least as good or heaps better than last year .....when H1 was down 14%

Seems to be trend these days with many companies saying H2 is going to be great ...and not delivering on it

At least Scales have already made most of the years profit
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Agree.
    Makes the current PE of 13.36 look high.a
    http://www.4-traders.com/SCALES-CORP...61/financials/

Analysts have it valued at $3.78 but I am with you, this is too rich for my blood.
    Forecast eps for FY18 is 25.5 cps. I would ascribe a PE of no more than 10 to any agricultural cyclical stock but other parts of their business like pet food, liquid storage, coolstore e.t.c. get's me to about 12 - 12.5 overall. I continue to see fair value around $3.20 and believe this got ahead of itself.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

Analysts have it valued at $3.78 but I am with you, this is too rich for my blood.
    Forecast eps for FY18 is 25.5 cps. I would ascribe a PE of no more than 10 to any agricultural cyclical stock but other parts of their business like pet food, liquid storage, coolstore e.t.c. get's me to about 12 - 12.5 overall. I continue to see fair value around $3.20 and believe this got ahead of itself.
    i brought some more today looks cheap down the track with more bolt ons

Share price 340 a year ago and 340 today so probably priced about right (averaged about 340 the who year as well)

One day (sometime) it'll get to 400
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I find produce companies in nz are priced relativly low when compared to aus companies one of my favourites being costa grp au trades on a 28 pe so with companies in nz trading on like 8 - 12 odd i find them cheap in comparison with much bigger yields

Advanced Member

I think we have a lesson on the PE story with TIL & BWX ......

looks like buyers a getting a bargain well telegraphed profit affected by possibly one of events next yr could be better maybe