sharetrader
Page 200 of 247 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Stock on a PE of 19.3X.

Gross dividend yield of 5.9%.

Too high a multiple and too low a dividend (as an agricultural stock exposure) for me, especially with no growth and Chilean competition becoming stronger.
    I agree. Those multiples are anything but compelling for what is primarily an agri stock. Happy to eat their apples though
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I agree. Those multiples are anything but compelling for what is primarily an agri stock. Happy to eat their apples though
    Happy to eat NZ apples - the best in the world.

The Australians cannot figure out how our apples are so much better (juicier, sweeter and crispier) than theirs now that they get NZ apples over there.

I told them that it's all due to the fair dinkum soil, climate and weather we get over here.

The Kid

Bought into this company soon after listing, Quite happy to hold for the dividend yield.

Disc. Investor
    Last edited by IAK; 01-03-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    think you should factor in assumption for acquisitions to come ( use the longview as a example ) it will change your figures dramatically.

anyway checkout my other favourite costa grp au has a pe of 31 similar pe for other similar companies around and you can see why overseas investors view a pe of 15 - 16 as cheap.

locals view pe.s as expensive , overseas people see as cheap
    pe last yr 31 now 21 just goes to show high pe now can mean jack in the future when a company grows
    one step ahead of the herd

Yeah its growing apples but you must be reading a different presentation that the rest of us because it isn't growing EPS and neither is it forecasting too.
    PE's don't contract when EPS reduces, they expand ! http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...829/275361.pdf - see page 4 ...these are NOT compelling numbers for any Bull...pretty compelling if you're a Bear though.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-03-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Possible expansion into forestry as the govt s 1 billion trees plan takes shape. Good macro opps out there. Growing pine seedlings, etc.

Long Member

Not sure how far through the harvest they'd be, but looks like some fairly brutal weather in the Hawkes Bay

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/102...ng-evacuations

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    Not sure how far through the harvest they'd be, but looks like some fairly brutal weather in the Hawkes Bay

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/102...ng-evacuations
    Will be covered by insurance?

Long Member

would insurance cover crop that is harvestable but lower grade due to skin imperfections, bruising etc?

edit: I'm not familiar with commercial fruitcrop insurance, but was of the understanding premiums were reasonably expensive (equating atleast 15% of total crop price each harvest). I'd have guessed if any insurance was in place it might be more for total loss rather than reduced quality?
    Last edited by Well Endowed; 08-03-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    would insurance cover crop that is harvestable but lower grade due to skin imperfections, bruising etc?

edit: I'm not familiar with commercial fruitcrop insurance, but was of the understanding premiums were reasonably expensive (equating atleast 15% of total crop price each harvest). I'd have guessed if any insurance was in place it might be more for total loss rather than reduced quality?
    If there is any insurance, let's hope that it wasn't placed with CBL!