sharetrader
Page 233 of 247 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2462

Thread: Scales - SCL

Yes, I hold both SCL and SEK. Both companies are now seeing the fruition of efficiencies and new technology.
    SCL starting to hit their straps with management benefiting now from the years of experience of making mistakes.
    Market will reward with higher SP in coming weeks as potential for incremental growth is significant.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    Yes, I hold both SCL and SEK. Both companies are now seeing the fruition of efficiencies and new technology.
    SCL starting to hit their straps with management benefiting now from the years of experience of making mistakes.
    Market will reward with higher SP in coming weeks as potential for incremental growth is significant.
    And i thought they couldn't get their Apples picked, couldn't get labour, couldn't get shipping containers, couldn't get ships etc etc etc.
    I guess it just depends on what radio station one chooses to listen to.

Yes....I doubled up on SEK and SCL in the last 12 months as well. Very pleased. Once again....good to see productive companies in NZ doing well.
    Now...we just need Fonterra to sort itself out. And yes...I increased my holding there as well. Ooops...don't forget Skellerup.

"SCL starting to hit their straps with management benefiting now from the years of experience of making mistakes."

I like your post, but don't agree with the quote above.

Advanced Member

yeah agree - Scales management have done a phenomenal job since its been listed and years prior to that. Perhaps management prior to Andy Borland made missteps but this management team have performed well

Guru

Obviously still looking to spend their cash pile. I see they were looking at something for their food division, but wasn’t completed. Must have got a reasonable way down the road given their comment on costs….

Think it was Villa Maria they where looking at from memory

Advanced Member

I think they have looked at a lot of things. But they are very conservative and seemingly afraid to pull the trigger. I applaud their discipline but they also need to think outside the box and forget the days of buying things for 8x ebit. Maybe they need a shake up and some fresh advisors, otherwise give the money back. Id rather they did some serious regrafting, land acquisition, or expansion into other horticulture (avadado, cheries, lime, even kiwifruit) if they cant acquire something sensibly

Think staying away from vineyards is a good start hard industry to make decent return out of be good to see them expand and grow rather then return the cash

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Muzz1234 View Post
    Think staying away from vineyards is a good start hard industry to make decent return out of be good to see them expand and grow rather then return the cash
    Agree with respect to the vineyards.
    I'd rather they returned the cash to shareholders, they can always raise more should they need it if they find an appropriate avenue of growth.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Great synergy ... they could start a cider-brewery :
    Agree. Too many wine and cider producers in the market .