sharetrader
Page 40 of 247 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All these new keen shareholders buying lots of shares .......share price doesn't go up

Go figure
    Just knew you would end up crotchety,after being up well past your bedtime, watching TV most of the night.!
    Go figure yourself.!! lol.

All these new keen shareholders buying lots of shares .......share price doesn't go up

Go figure
    Winner, surely you don't believe retail investors can move the share price? This stock driven by the institutions.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Winner, surely you don't believe retail investors can move the share price? This stock driven by the institutions.
    Were they selling to these keen new shareholders then?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Retail investors can drive share prices up on the NZX on low volume days by placing a good sized order I've watched this happen with a few of my own orders from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Just knew you would end up crotchety,after being up well past your bedtime, watching TV most of the night.!
    Go figure yourself.!! lol.
    Final round of the golf tonight and we could see history being made. Tour de France is fascinating.

Sea Eagles play the Cowboys first and Liverpool is at the Adelaide Oval - the crowd singing the Liverpool anthem will be be moving

The cycling finishes about 3am Percy.
    Last edited by winner69; 20-07-2015 at 07:28 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

With volumes often under 20,000 (re 225,000 today under $158,000 which still isn't Insto size)) today of course a few raves and buys by share traders can move it. This is a forum people take notice of and how many quiet followers who aren't confident to contribute are actioning generously shared research and thoughts from posters; i think we would be surprised at times.

Were they selling to these keen new shareholders then?
    No idea...

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    With volumes often under 20,000 (re 225,000 today under $158,000 which still isn't Insto size)) today of course a few raves and buys by share traders can move it. This is a forum people take notice of and how many quiet followers who aren't confident to contribute are actioning generously shared research and thoughts from posters; i think we would be surprised at times.
    I think a lot of us under estimate the power of social medias such as sharetrader.
    I can not back this up, but I estimate sharetraders traded between $2.5mil and $4.5 mil worth of HNZ shares recently.
    I would think sharetraders holding in SCL would now be approaching $1.mil to $2mil.[and increasing daily].
    And I agree there are a great number of people who never post,but watch sharetrader,and act accordingly.Some are significant investors.
    I think the older and wiser posters are nowdays a bit more careful with their postings.No one wants to see others losing money because they acted on something you posted.The trouble is so many excellent posters have stopped posting, because of the Trolls. It is a great pity the moderator does not read posts but only acts on complaints.I have also pointed out to the moderator, he/she may see things a little differently if he/she ,or his/her family were holding shares in a company suffering from Troll abuse.
    Last edited by percy; 20-07-2015 at 08:10 PM.

An update on progress from Alan Williams
    http://agrihq.co.nz/article/scales-c...-good-year?p=7

I liked the following line...
    "Scales has currency hedging in place on sales contracts but apple production was above forecast and new contracts would be based on current foreign exchange levels."

My forecast eps of 20c is based on FY16 earnings. The above indicates that some currency benefit will be felt in FY15 . Plus above forecast apple production should boost the bottom line as well. Ripper!
    Last edited by noodles; 21-07-2015 at 07:36 AM.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that one. I myself have been apart of this forum for a little under a month now and have found everyones point of views very interesting to read and research, especially posts from yourself Percy and noodles.