sharetrader
Page 41 of 247 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    And I agree there are a great number of people who never post,but watch sharetrader,and act accordingly.Some are significant investors.
    I think the older and wiser posters are nowdays a bit more careful with their postings.No one wants to see others losing money because they acted on something you posted.The trouble is so many excellent posters have stopped posting, because of the Trolls. It is a great pity the moderator does not read posts but only acts on complaints.I have also pointed out to the moderator, he/she may see things a little differently if he/she ,or his/her family were holding shares in a company suffering from Troll abuse.
    I agree Percy and am saddened that we have lost so many good contributors lately. Seems to me we all get a bit emotional at times, but like investing, it is best to remain objective and try and find the true value (in both posts and investments!)

Veteran novice

My, you're a persuasive group on this thread! I bought a few yesterday, also, (having done my OR of course)!

There's also a bit of nostalgia involved in this decision. Geo H Scales - I think was the original name - was a small but active player in shipping when I started work in Christchurch in the late 1950's. Any company that survives and evolves over such a long period deserves a serious look!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think a lot of us under estimate the power of social medias such as sharetrader.
    I can not back this up, but I estimate sharetraders traded between $2.5mil and $4.5 mil worth of HNZ shares recently.
    I would think sharetraders holding in SCL would now be approaching $1.mil to $2mil.[and increasing daily].
    And I agree there are a great number of people who never post,but watch sharetrader,and act accordingly.Some are significant investors.
    I think the older and wiser posters are nowdays a bit more careful with their postings.No one wants to see others losing money because they acted on something you posted.The trouble is so many excellent posters have stopped posting, because of the Trolls. It is a great pity the moderator does not read posts but only acts on complaints.I have also pointed out to the moderator, he/she may see things a little differently if he/she ,or his/her family were holding shares in a company suffering from Troll abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I agree Percy and am saddened that we have lost so many good contributors lately. Seems to me we all get a bit emotional at times, but like investing, it is best to remain objective and try and find the true value (in both posts and investments!)
    I would hope that posters can differentiate between mindless trolling which is quite rare and on the other hand a healthy vigorous and open debate regarding the merits of shares both positive views and the concerns and potential issues regarding same and that my sharing my concerns surrounding HNZ's issues recently is seen in the latter light. I enjoy a good healthy vigorous and open debate and I think we all share and learn from each other by engaging in same. Surely any thread is "bigger than" mindlessly pumping each others tyres and attempting to ramp the SP. It that's all it becomes that's a major reason why quality posters leave, in my opinion. If people start to overtly fret and feel victimised by concerns being raised and aired thoroughly in relation to a share they own, maybe they need to have a lot at the size of their holding and ask themselves if they're not a little over exposed ?

If anyone has any concerns regarding this post which is intended to clear the air, not stir it, please PM me.

Bringing this back on track, I am sure none of us have forgotten that SCL have about 40% more acreage coming on stream in 2018. Even juicer returns to come
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-07-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I would hope that posters can differentiate between mindless trolling which is quite rare and on the other hand a healthy vigorous and open debate regarding the merits of shares both positive views and the concerns and potential issues regarding same

Bringing this back on track, I am sure none of us have forgotten that SCL have about 40% more acreage coming on stream in 2018. Even juicer returns to come
    Roger - I find your posts quite prescient ( especially in regard to Veritas Investments) - I like the fact you highlight possible downsides - certainly don't think that is trolling!

Back to Scales which everyone seems to love- I might have to join the buy side.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    My, you're a persuasive group on this thread! I bought a few yesterday, also, (having done my OR of course)!

There's also a bit of nostalgia involved in this decision. Geo H Scales - I think was the original name - was a small but active player in shipping when I started work in Christchurch in the late 1950's. Any company that survives and evolves over such a long period deserves a serious look!

Yes they still have a listing in the phone book as Geo.H.Scales,yet I think it now comes under Scales Logistics,and still shipping.
    I too am pleased to see them evolve,but I did loose money on them when Hubbard and his crew controlled them.

I think I have been seduced by the rhetoric on here This is turning into a dog of a trade

The dip below the bottom channel line I put attributed to the dividend. But heck it hasn't really recovered much since has it

You can see I am optimistic by stretching the channel out to 2 bucks .... but in spite of all the fantastic things that are happening hard to see 2 bucks happening .... let alone 250/260

Spose hang in there for a while longer - selling now would just bring the price down because instos don't seem interested in buying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think I have been seduced by the rhetoric on here This is turning into a dog of a trade

The dip below the bottom channel line I put attributed to the dividend. But heck it hasn't really recovered much since has it

You can see I am optimistic by stretching the channel out to 2 bucks .... but in spite of all the fantastic things that are happening hard to see 2 bucks happening .... let alone 250/260

Spose hang in there for a while longer - selling now would just bring the price down because instos don't seem interested in buying
    I recall a few millions were crossed earlier in the month. Institutions buying, or were they selling?

Banned

Must be time you bought some AIR winner at least as much upside over the next year aye

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Must be time you bought some AIR winner at least as much upside over the next year aye
    But couta, the next day one of their planes would crash with hundreds dead and I would feel awfully upset. Couldn't live with that so no tempting fate with AIR
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But couta, the next day one of their planes would crash with hundreds dead and I would feel awfully upset. Couldn't live with that so no tempting fate with AIR
    You're all good there mate. We can all see that's perfectly logical