sharetrader
Page 49 of 247 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Investor

I suspect some of those who bought at IPO might've decided to offload some to realise gains, as it went below IPO price and stayed there for a while.

Never mind, correction is always healthy sign for growth stock.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I have been watching SCL with interest following comments on ST over the past week or so. Took the plunge yesterday at 183. Very happy with 4% gain in one day - much better than dollars in the bank!

You might be interested in these excerpts from a report on the apple industry published in Hawkes Bay Today this morning:

A huge shift in the Hawke's Bay economy is under way as the region plays a major part in the growth of a billion-dollar apple export target by 2022 in only half the time that was forecast.

A hint of the boom came in Statistics New Zealand figures released this week, highlighting that New Zealand's fruit exports in the year to June reached an all-time high of $2 billion, up 20 per cent for the year to June 2014.

[Growth] is such that the target for the annual New Zealand apple export to hit $1 billion by the year 2022 could be reached as early as 2017.....

...."wheels are in progress" with multiple new plantings in the Hawke's Bay region to cater to the booming Asian market and the Middle East.

"We think we will hit the target years and years earlier than we expected at the current level of trajectory"

"Record monthly fruit exports in April, May and June 2015 led to an all-time high for the year ended June"

Looks great for the industry and for SCL's share of the activity.
    Thanks for that, Pierre. Most useful and reinforces many of our confidence in Scales.

Moving on from cheese scones. Tomorrow apple turnover time

All the recipes say use Granny Smiths.

Does that help Scales? Or should I experiment with other varieties?

Jeez, apples have got me excited
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Thanks Noodles - couldn't find the story on HB Today website in the morning so had to select a few quotes from the newspaper.
    Looks like all go for the fruit industry - just hope it doesn't crash like the milk market!

Banned

Think big institutes are surpassing the price so that they could get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Thanks mate. I'm in Napier on Monday and speaking with two well connected businessmen. It'll be interesting to get their take on how the region is performing. 19 degree forecast for Monday in the middle of winter, who would have thought ? No wonder people are thinking about moving to the regions where the traffic is very light and houses inexpensive.
    SCL now my biggest position, bigger than AIR even
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-07-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Advanced Member

Think this could be a good performer like the Honey industry currently . Didn't want to miss the party so joined you guys on the register this am .

Stoploss, not such a big party, but the early stages of a party over at IQE. Would you mind joining that too and taking out those shares at 1.90. SCL has been a good buy so far I'm up 12+% since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Stoploss, not such a big party, but the early stages of a party over at IQE. Would you mind joining that too and taking out those shares at 1.90. SCL has been a good buy so far I'm up 12+% since last week.
    No stoploss - keep buying Scales to get the shareprice up to 200

THEN you will be well rewarded when instos finally realise they need to start buying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”