sharetrader
Page 53 of 247 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Another chart is tossed into the bin, absolutely no use now

Channel well and truly smashed ....can't even recalibrate either

Might need to revert to ATR trailing to ensure profits are locked. But probably wasting time at this stage as the price heads to 260 .... 300 .....(stop there winner)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Another chart is tossed into the bin, absolutely no use now

Channel well and truly smashed ....can't even recalibrate either

Might need to revert to ATR trailing to ensure profits are locked. But probably wasting time at this stage as the price heads to 260 .... 300 .....(stop there winner)
    That chart is a thing of great beauty. Time for a bevvy or two.... cider of course

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I sold out of this stock a few months ago after listening to too much noise on here, now the noise is going in the opposite direction so that's probably a different kinda warning sign. IMHO apple markets are more risky than a stock like HNZ and things can change quickly so for me a lot of the upside has gone from my sale price to the current price and I won't be entering now. There is another stock I'm looking to enter on a long term basis which I believe has a lot more upside and it doesn't even pay a dividend
    c'mon Couta. Don't be a hold out. What are you buying?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Love the chart.

2.01 at close, got in at 1.54 before last divi. Also got in to CVT at 4.28 not so long ago after selling down on HNZ which I got into at 94. Not so good on the rest of the holdings. Hanging out for AIR announcement also.

Now the increase in Scales is breaking my percentage of portfolio guide by a heap. Can't bring myself to sell down. Problems, problems!!!. I may just take up drinking like Roger (its rum where I am) and not look for a while, maybe a year or two.

Gunny

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Yes spot on. All this talk of how high the shareprice could potentially go etc. Hopefully it does, but just be careful of all the hype.
    Timely reminder and totally appropriate. SCL is a commodity stock at the end of the day and should always trade at a discount to market. Having written that, it looks like it is indeed all system go for the company in the year ahead - increased apple crop and harvest, low NZ$, coolstore expansion. Go with the flow but keep an eye on the weather!

Advanced Member

So Comvita should be treated as a commodity stock too and be discounted?

Apples from Scales are PREMIUM APPLES, not the commoditised ones

I was going to say First NZ Capital just don't get do they noodles? Only $2.35 I think it said ...time for them to redo their numbers

But your post has been deleted

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I was going to say First NZ Capital just don't get do they noodles? Only $2.35 I think it said ...time for them to redo their numbers

But your post has been deleted
    I understand First N.Z.'s new $2.35 target came out the day before the company's update so as you suggest mate it could be a case of them having to re-do their numbers.
    Any way you slice and dice this thing or even peel the apple first , it still looks very good value to me at $2.00.
    Disc - I topped up in the early 190's earlier this week, now my biggest holding. Go you beauty !!

Advanced Member

Still 5% net @ $2.00 with dividend upside possible so another 1c dividend gets us to $2.20 quite comfortably and then a few more cents if re-rated as growth stock?