sharetrader
Page 54 of 247 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

A friendly word of caution:

this season is nearly done, nice lifts in volumes and prices above forecast. Already advised, may be now priced in, may still have a bit more to go.
    shareprice has quickly rerated on rather low volume, chart looks parabolic, ripe for hesitation and retracement. Think flagpoles and flags

the risk now turns to next seasons crop - frosts, hail, etc etc, months to now wait and see how it will pan out.
    The worry warts will worry, traders will trade, profits will be locked in, and the price IMO will fade into a flag formation after this rerate.

non holder, but a perspective to take into account, especially for those late to the party

over and out

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post

this season is nearly done, nice lifts in volumes and prices above forecast. Already advised, may be now priced in, may still have a bit more to go.
    shareprice has quickly rerated on rather low volume, chart looks parabolic, ripe for hesitation and retracement. Think flagpoles and flags

the risk now turns to next seasons crop - frosts, hail, etc etc, months to now wait and see how it will pan out.
    The worry warts will worry, traders will trade, profits will be locked in, and the price IMO will fade into a flag formation after this rerate.

non holder, but a perspective to take into account, especially for those late to the party

over and out

Agree. Does anyone know if this will impact Scales?

Bee deaths raise fears of colony collapse http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...olony-collapse

Disc. moderate holder

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Agree. Does anyone know if this will impact Scales?

Bee deaths raise fears of colony collapse http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...olony-collapse

Disc. moderate holder
    Xerof lifts his head from amongst the pages of the "Practical Beekeeping in New Zealand, Matheson and Reid, 2011 ed" to say:

It's a bit of a current concern - there is a remedy available to control what some think is the cause of these collapses, but the remedy is not yet available in NZ.

IMO, no impact unless the bee population is decimated - highly unlikely, and kiss your ass goodbye anyway if that happens - the Scales sp will be the least of your worries

Sponsor a bee - we need more bees

Great share price didn't fall back under 200 today. Longer it stays up there less chance of it ever being 1xx again

Xerof, I see no flags forming. All I see is a mast forming with a spinnaker being let out to make the most of the tail wind.

A huge billowing spinnaker with a big apple n it

I draw a picture when share price gets to $3
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

With all the evangelistic fervour and ramping on here of late maybe a good dose of fear might be in order to temper all that greed.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    With all the evangelistic fervour and ramping on here of late maybe a good dose of fear might be in order to temper all that greed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8y6DJAeolo

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Great share price didn't fall back under 200 today. Longer it stays up there less chance of it ever being 1xx again

Xerof, I see no flags forming. All I see is a mast forming with a spinnaker being let out to make the most of the tail wind.

A huge billowing spinnaker with a big apple n it

I draw a picture when share price gets to $3
    Winner, don't get me involved. I gave my highly balanced cautionary tale, and said over and out. I know some will give me a dose of personal vitriol if I dare to say too much against your beloved big apple.

I was pointing out the pole, not the flag! Has to have a clear top put in place yet, before we unfurl a flag

More mum and dad investors will be piling into Scales after reading this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11491370

Must invest in this booming industry. Can't go wrong

That spinnaker filling up nicely to power the share price along.

Enza was a famous yacht. I think Peter Blake was the skipper. Maybe Scales should sponsor Team NZ?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    More mum and dad investors will be piling into Scales after reading this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11491370

Must invest in this booming industry. Can't go wrong

That spinnaker filling up nicely to power the share price along.

Enza was a famous yacht. I think Peter Blake was the skipper. Maybe Scales should sponsor Team NZ?
    Yes there was a very positive vibe on the ground in Napier yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post

over and out
    I agree that SCL is looking technically over-bought.

But from a fundamental perspective, SCL is now trading in a lower FY15 pe multiple than when it listed at $1.60.

Any pull back will surely be temporary.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR