sharetrader
Page 56 of 247 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Investor

Bit of reality check huh for the sp. But I think it's short term pull though, not too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Bit of reality check huh for the sp. But I think it's short term pull though, not too worried.
    My guess would be that it's simply some people taking profit after a good run and getting their stash together for CEN. Not worried at all, should easily be back over $2 by the weeks end.

Veteran novice

Headline in the Herald this morning gave me a bit of a turn.

"Apple slump deepens"

Apple, the company, of course, not apple, the fruit! Phew!

Still, SCL has had a great run and some correction is to be expected. Next few days trading should indicate whether or not that's "it" for the present.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Headline in the Herald this morning gave me a bit of a turn.

"Apple slump deepens"

Apple, the company, of course, not apple, the fruit! Phew!

Still, SCL has had a great run and some correction is to be expected. Next few days trading should indicate whether or not that's "it" for the present.
    Scales on the rise again ....just a lull in the wind yesterday .... abit more breeze today and the spinnaker starting to fill nicely
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Or a puff in a dying breeze winner?

Looking forward to the results.

Scales Corporation Limited (SCL) advises that it will release its Interim

Results, for the six months ended 30 June 2015, prior to market opening on
    Thursday 27 August 2015.

Knock, knock, anyone home? Not much to be said on a dropping share price eh? Winds dropped.

A busy old week last week. Out of HNZ on Tuesday open to get into the CEN sale of the century lolly scramble. Now out of CEN and into SCL at 190 on Friday. Don't know why someone paid 195 on a 5 cent spread at the close, but they should apply for a job at Ballantynes doing their window dressing....

My mood has darkened a bit further on this dairy fiasco, so thinking a good short term safe haven might be horticulture and cool storage. The currency should have further to go on the downside. So SCL fits the bill, given it has had a partial pullback, although it may fill that gap to 185 on the chart.

from what others have been 'alluding', they should be in the NZX50 this week, so unless that news is very old hat to the fundies (probably is) it should garner support this week from the jonny come lately's

190 as an entry starter, good enough for me at this stage.
    Last edited by Xerof; 08-08-2015 at 02:08 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    A friendly word of caution:

this season is nearly done, nice lifts in volumes and prices above forecast. Already advised, may be now priced in, may still have a bit more to go.
    shareprice has quickly rerated on rather low volume, chart looks parabolic, ripe for hesitation and retracement. Think flagpoles and flags

the risk now turns to next seasons crop - frosts, hail, etc etc, months to now wait and see how it will pan out.
    The worry warts will worry, traders will trade, profits will be locked in, and the price IMO will fade into a flag formation after this rerate.

non holder, but a perspective to take into account, especially for those late to the party

over and out
    Yeah right.!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yeah right.!!!!!
    lol, I see your point., but I'm a gentleman, not an agenda driven troll. 'Twas an honest appraisal of how I saw the price action at that time. Proved bang on as it turned out. Fast moving macro at the moment, had a good retrace, could retrace further too, but I thought 190 was a satisfactory entry point on Friday, as I don't know the timing of certain announcements. It will likely only be short term, then back into HNZ percy

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    lol, I see your point., but I'm a gentleman, not an agenda driven troll. 'Twas an honest appraisal of how I saw the price action at that time. Proved bang on as it turned out. Fast moving macro at the moment, had a good retrace, could retrace further too, but I thought 190 was a satisfactory entry point on Friday, as I don't know the timing of certain announcements. It will likely only be short term, then back into HNZ percy
    You just stick with what you are doing.
    You are going just fine.
    Expect further good news from SCL later in the month and further upgrades.
    Then it may be time for HNZ revisited?!! lol.