sharetrader
Page 65 of 247 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

percy

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    In Andy's own words from the commentary this morning, "we're well positioned", love that aye percy..
    Sort of says it all.!!!!
    Comforting.!! lol.
    Last edited by percy; 27-08-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Hope we all understood Slide 5. I did

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/219452.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

IMO

Love the full page Heartland Ad for "Farm Transition Loan" designed(of course) to help you transition off your farm, Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    EPS for FY 15 at the mid point of the forecast is 21 cps.

Disappointing that two thirds of FY16 FX is covered by forward cover...no info given on rates in the analyst projections I could see.

Zero growth in apple volume forecast for FY16.

Increases in many other aspects of their business. My guess EPS for FY 16 24-25 cps. Fair PE for any agri stock. I will stick with my time proven 10 so I see a fair value price target in 12 months of $2.45....about where the brokers see it.
    Good stock to hold for the long term IMO.
    Found out consensus broker forecast for FY16 is EPS of only 20 cps

Factor in the pesky PE of 10 that agri stocks struggle to shake off, no dividends for many months, a bear market and you start to understand why the shares are stuck around $1.95 - $2.00.
    Even the company itself is forecasting a lower crop in FY16. All momentum has been lost for the present time. I think its a great stock and has great medium / long term prospects but in the short term in this bear market I struggle to see it getting any price traction.

I went down to Napier in early August. Word on the street was that it was a remarkable season and most had harvested ~ 20% more than normal. Plenty left over for juicing was the other comment I heard a couple of times. All the good news is already in the price IMO.
    Last edited by Beagle; 05-09-2015 at 10:41 AM.

IMO

I agree.It was a bumper crop too and the next few years will be similar ; prob a little less and thats with no weather events. Scales is on my list to reduce/sell out of whilst building some cash.

Divvy hopefully not "many months" away Roger. Last years was in the account before Xmas.

Joshuatree - I too have considered reducing my SCL holding but haven't done so. Gut says that SP will stall until dividend announcement in November (should be an "sweet" increase) and a nice SP boost to go with it, followed by a "sweet" divvy as an Xmas bonus. I wouldn't want to be out of this when they make the divvy announcement.

Anyone know why Noodles got banned?
    Have missed his posts
    Not a recommendation or advice.

IMO

Apparently because he was multi nicking; had another nom de plume maybe ,"Denis". Im sure it wasn't intended to deceive ,but rules are rules.
    Yes agree Wolf; noodles is a valued participant here.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 14-09-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Anyone know why Noodles got banned?
    Have missed his posts
    Yes I do too. He's been a valuable and respected contributor on this forum. What Joshuatree said + a little birdie tells me its not a permanent ban, he might be back in October if he's still interested in this site. I hope he chooses to come back. Winner69 is on a different sort of holiday for a month, (one he chose, overseas), so its pretty quiet and I'm missing two of the brightest guys on here...good mates too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-09-2015 at 03:42 PM.