sharetrader
Page 80 of 247 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Looking good.

Investor

Interesting trading depth this morning, strong buy side with bid at $2.30 and sell side bit light asking $2.36. See how it plays out...

Good trend but industry in desperate need of pickers. I am past it so will leave it up to the you other shareholders to race to the Hawkes Bay to protect our season.

Gunny

On my rounds and just a little behind..

bit of a rise in last week. somebody know something or market anticipating good report next thurs and locking in value now?

Was at a bank's function this week and the trade finance bankers there were effusive in their praise of how well the horticultural industry is going. Products are flying out through the door, and apples & cherries came in for special mention.

NZ horticultural produce are a cut above all other countries in China and Asia (better than Australia) and NZ players have learnt to brand their produce to maximise margins and profits.

In contrast, they were very concerned about how NZ meat players were still undercutting themselves in the overseas markets, had no branding strategy (compared to Australia). On the dairy industry, I sense the banks are bracing for some serious bad loans this year.

Quote Originally Posted by drcjp View Post
    bit of a rise in last week. somebody know something or market anticipating good report next thurs and locking in value now?
    At this rate a great announcement next week and $3 beckons

Go you beauty
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Was at a bank's function this week and the trade finance bankers there were effusive in their praise of how well the horticultural industry is going. Products are flying out through the door, and apples & cherries came in for special mention.

NZ horticultural produce are a cut above all other countries in China and Asia (better than Australia) and NZ players have learnt to brand their produce to maximise margins and profits.

In contrast, they were very concerned about how NZ meat players were still undercutting themselves in the overseas markets, had no branding strategy (compared to Australia). On the dairy industry, I sense the banks are bracing for some serious bad loans this year.
    interesting Balance. As usual too many politics buggering up the prospect that all 3 areas could be firing together.

IMO

Re Cherries two of us consumed 6 kg this summer ; couldn't get enough; even had them in my gin.

Topped up today after selling off SKL holding. Average SCL price now $1.85. Right decision or not?, next week will be telling.

May get back into SKL later on.

Gunny

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11591842

Another big crop and great year ahead ....

SCL doing the usual under promising
    Last edited by Balance; 19-02-2016 at 09:13 AM.