sharetrader
Page 91 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yep mate I've been loading up the apple cart with these big time. Sweet timing. Takeover offer coming well north of $3 as sure as night follows day IMHO.
    Wonder what the punters who you bought them off are thinking now

Couldn't go to a nice guy though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Awwhh shucks mate, I presume that was a typo

I think SCL directors will be under pressure to disclose the real forecast for the FY16 year ASAP and this time be realistic about it, maybe even before the annual meeting in early June as it simply wouldn't "be Kiwi" to deliberately leave hidden value on the table for the Chinese to take advantage of would it !

Seems hard to get a handle on the financial grunt this private Chinese company has but its a major broadly diversified business that's certainly got some serious scale to it, (excuse the pun) and trading on a PE of under 10 a takeover easily funds itself especially at Chinese interest rates !

I think anyone selling at the current level is leaving a free lunch on the table as even if a takeover doesn't eventuate this Chinese company will make a good distribution partner in the lucrative Hong Kong market so it seems we will be the winners no matter what the future may bring
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-03-2016 at 05:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking Regrets, I've had a few; But then again, too few to mention. I did what I had to do

I guess a lot of people wish that they had bought more.
    Scales is already my biggest single holding.

Am I allowed to like the typo?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Really gutted, especially if they were the ones who paid 260 for ATM a week or three back as well.

Advanced Member

Yep mate I've been loading up the apple cart with these big time. Sweet timing. Takeover offer coming well north of $3 as sure as night follows day IMHO.
    Well...if you are right...that will be a very sad day Roger. About the last thing NZ Inc needs to do is sell companies like this off-shore. I have a few, 7% of my portfolio, and would be much happier if they remained in my portfolio rather than a one off capital gain, no matter how nice that might be.
    Hope they stop at what they have now. We are so short sighted at times.

RTM :-(

Awwhh shucks mate

I think SCL directors will be under pressure to disclose the real forecast for the FY16 year ASAP and this time be realistic about it, maybe even before the annual meeting in early June as it simply wouldn't "be Kiwi" to deliberately leave hidden value on the table for the Chinese to take advantage of would it !

Seems hard to get a handle on the financial grunt this private Chinese company has but its a major broadly diversified business that's certainly got some serious scale to it, (excuse the pun) and trading on a PE of under 10 a takeover easily funds itself especially at Chinese interest rates !

I think anyone selling at the current level is leaving a free lunch on the table as even if a takeover doesn't eventuate this Chinese company will make a good distribution partner in the lucrative Hong Kong market so it seems we will be the winners no matter what the future may bring
    China Resources is not a private company, it's a huge state-owned company group. also this group has massive assets and lots of listed companies in A share market,
    15.38% in SCL is not an important investment for them. may be only worth 0.01% in
    China Resources....

agree entirely with you RTM - its the biggest NZX holding I have and I would like it to stay

They wills sell given where they are in the cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Well...if you are right...that will be a very sad day Roger. About the last thing NZ Inc needs to do is sell companies like this off-shore. I have a few, 7% of my portfolio, and would be much happier if they remained in my portfolio rather than a one off capital gain, no matter how nice that might be.
    Hope they stop at what they have now. We are so short sighted at times.

RTM :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    China Resources is not a private company, it's a huge state-owned company group. also this group has massive assets and lots of listed companies in A share market,
    15.38% in SCL is not an important investment for them. may be only worth 0.01% in
    China Resources....
    Thanks...only a matter of time then before a full takeover. Pretty sure I read recently that they have massive funding set aside looking to invest and sure-up the food supply chain ? Whether that's a good thing for us I am not so sure and have a fair bit of sympathy with RTM's point of view...but whatever may come it seems like a very good stock to have a significant shareholding in at present. Makes up 22% of my portfolio at this point.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-03-2016 at 05:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Sharetraders for Scales

So with everybody sobbing into their fruit bowls over the imminent takeover of Scales all we need to do is form a lock up agreement on a minimum of 13,977,901 shares and we have a blocking stake.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum