sharetrader
Page 92 of 247 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales - SCL

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    So with everybody sobbing into their fruit bowls over the imminent takeover of Scales all we need to do is form a lock up agreement on a minimum of 13,977,901 shares and we have a blocking stake.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    No that many committed to that extent PT

Money talks and they'll take the money (happily)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

I wonder if the overseas Investment folk come into play ? Big chunk of Hawkes Bay being sold offshore. Maybe they will be able to afford that dam after all ?

On my rounds and just a little behind..

Doubt very, very much a full takeover on here. Yes, CR have loads of dosh, but given the debacle of the Crafar farms and the OIO blocking the Lochinver sale, I suspect CR will be very wary of a similar cock-up and losing face. They are much more likely to emulate the Synlait situation and have a jolly good slice of the pie I suspect.

Also, there will be intense pressure on the Govt to not let something like SCL go as dairy is toast for the foreseeable future and this will also feed into the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Thanks...only a matter of time then before a full takeover. Pretty sure I read recently that they have massive funding set aside looking to invest and sure-up the food supply chain ? Whether that's a good thing for us I am not so sure and have a fair bit of sympathy with RTM's point of view...but whatever may come it seems like a very good stock to have a significant shareholding in at present. Makes up 22% of my portfolio at this point.
    I think it's a passive investment for CR.
    CR has their own listed companies and also they have many passive investments in A share market.
    In some cases they were even the biggest shareholder with more than 15% shares but they are still passive investments.

Advanced Member

Might help get access to markets for the product, encouraging that placement was at premium to share price.

I too topped up significantly recently with my average price now at $1.85. I had got frustrated with AIR (sorry Roger) so sold a few at mid $2.90's and put funds into extra SCL.

With todays SP increase SCL now 30% of my holdings which normally would make me very nervous and tempted to reduce, but......hell no. Sometimes we are just get lucky with our timing and sometimes we don't (PRC).

Gunny

We could see a solid run up today, 40,000 sitting at 2.75 but after that market depth is minimal. Looking good and still cheap!

Heads they get taken over and one reaps a quick and significant reward, tails our new Chinese friends open significant new distribution channels in the wider China region, either way it looks like a big value add for shareholders. Still trading on a forward PE of less than 10 and still below broker valuations which were set before the Chinese buy up.
    Super growing season by all reports so potential for a significant guidance uplift at the 8 June annual meeting. All sign posts appear to point north.
    Disc I added even more this morning. Now hold even more than AIR !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-03-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

On my rounds and just a little behind..

I wonder if its ever crossed the board of SCL's mind to list on ASX. Worked wonders for A2M. Maybe CR might push them that way?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    We could see a solid run up today, 40,000 sitting at 2.75 but after that market depth is minimal. Looking good and still cheap!
    here we go 2.80 trading .....