A bit of short term info:

A bear market rally set to go off ???

Author Jeff Cooper is best known as a day trader and a short term trader analyst.
His article was published yesterday before the Thursday S&P index close (1361 up 6).
Interesting reading for us bear market investors using the short term buy/sell within bear market rallies....or those bear market investors using shorting strategies

A quote from the article...."My instinct tells me that the index is pulling back the rubber band for an assault of that level. You seldom see quadruple tops – the fourth attempt typically sees follow-through, hence the term "Rule of 4 Breakout." The duration and strength of such a breakout, if and when it comes, and the behavior at 1420, if and when it's hit, will tell us much about the month of May. However, the triple tops beckon. I believe this first multi-day pullback should see these triple tops at 1390/1400 level magnetize the S&P higher.....

......I would exercise caution until 1362 is recaptured. If 1370 is regained and we get a strong Friday close on the important weekly close, it sets up the breakout I am anticipating. (Ed..Thursdays close 1361)