think we may well look at the markets from different perspectives, my background is technical analysis and have never really bought into the perceived manipulation that you feel dominates the markets.
I know from personal experience that there are big players exerting an influence on markets but they tend to be short term exploitive moves rather than some big multi year effect.
The idea that the price of gold is artificial engineered by mysterious forces over long time frames instead of being governed by normal market forces just doesnt add up.
If gold wants to move up then why swim against the stream just manipulate the market in the direction it wants to move, its way more profitable.

dumbass , I read and watch the mainstream media as well as the non MSM. I have generally found that what passes for news today (and particularly financial news) is often propaganda and this is usually confirmed to be so in the course of time."
Since when did a serious investor make any kind of investment decision based on whats in the media , other than to confirm a contrarian view.

generally im in agreement with your views, i believe there has been a monumental corrective shift in the credit markets which will never revert back to their indulgent past behaviour but why focus blindly on gold, there are many other asset classes that will be very profitable in the third leg of this bear market.
the quality of your last article does not in any way provide us with insight other than too the authors riduculous narrow minded investment outlook.

gold will be a buy and a sell but to so completely focus on it and ignore everything else is in my mind a very risky proposition.
If you continue to believe everything that gets trotted out by Obama, Geithner, Bernanke, Brown etc. then I think you will be very unprepared for what lies ahead. Look beyond the headlines, delve deeper into the issues and have an open mind.
i have the broadest of minds because i know anything is possible over any asset and its always in the charts.