sharetrader

Thread: GOLD

Threaded View

...entry point US$1007(+) did not happen despite an almost perfect storm around the gold market

...now give me US$ 991(+) for an entry

as John Hussman mentions:

You simply cannot have an economy lend out trillions of dollars in bad debt, and then make the lenders whole with public funds (while still facing a massive second wave of probable mortgage defaults) without destructive repercussions. There is very little chance, in my view, that the current downturn is over. We have enjoyed a nice reprieve – if over a trillion dollars in redistribution could not accomplish even a reprieve, it would be a surprise. It's clear that investors are hopeful that we can simply return to rich valuations, debt-financed economic expansion, and abnormal profit margins based on excessive leverage. From my perspective, this hope is as thin as those that we observed at the peak of the internet bubble, the housing bubble, and the profit margin peak of 2007.
    http://www.hussman.net/wmc/wmc090601.htm

...and although the timing is difficult to determine now, the next, even more devastating leg down is in the making right now and I think, we all know what another down leg will do to the price of gold...

Kind Regards
    Last edited by ananda77; 06-06-2009 at 08:33 PM.