Hi - I'm new to the forum I was fortunate enough to pick up a small parcel of ATR shares at 70c late last year. Found this forum later when on the lookout for other ATR holders - enjoyed the coverage and excitement here re ATR and posted on this recently under ATR thread. Naturally ATR holders are on the lookout for information on other Chinese companies like ATR. At the same time as I purchased ATR I also purchased some OTI (Oriental Technology Investment) at a little over 9c. Both ATR and OTI intended as long term holdings. OTI price shot off the blocks early but has come back since to around 11-14c. ATR price just continues to multiply. OTI are a small company (cap 15m) with a small PE (estimate currently 6x) and good growth prospects. New manufacturing facility should drive growth in next few years - demand for batteries in China should drive growth over the longer term. Having said all that, I know precious little about the company's history. Once traded as Apollo (manufactures Apollo batteries). Seems to have worked its way into a nice position in terms of balance sheet and industry dominance. Discovered the Loftus Capital Partners (LCP) are holders. Wilson recommends and holds LCP who invest alongside small companies particularly with Asian connections. So I'm trusting that LCP have done their homework. There might be some interest on this forum to add to the story and have a closer inspection of the company. Appreciate any feedback.

Companies Chinese subsidiary is Yangzhou Hua Yang Battery Co. Quote from Chinese web-site (http://www.huayang-battery.com):

“Yangzhou Hua Yang Battery Co.,Ltd. is one of the largest factories to produce automotive batteries in China, and have been producing 25 years. We have first class production and testing machines. 1 million batteries can be produced every year ... Yangzhou Hua Yang Battery Co. is the largest factory in China to export batteries to the Europe, Australia, South America and some Middle-east countries and regions.”

Interim report to June 2003 indicates continuing strong demand from Europe and steady demand from Australia. Company building a new factory to meet demand – has been delayed 5 months by local government rezoning policy but company compensated for work done by 25% reduction in land cost for new site. Present facilities operating at full capacity but growth in sales expected to level out until capacity starts to become available from new factory, possibly in 3rd quarter, 2004.

20% increase in cost of lead flagged as likely to affect margins. Revaluing of the RMB exchange rate also flagged – company intends re-entering Chinese domestic market which will provide a hedge against possible rise in exchange rate.

Historical financials are interesting but having trouble formating for posting at the moment.