sharetrader

Threaded View

Unhappy newbie question, regarding the softwares and others basics

hey everyone, I've finally decided to enter the market after watching it on the sideline for almost a year.

anyway, I thought I'd start with NZX, but it seems that the number of people who are trading and number of securities are very limited.

I'm not really sure about the relationship between NZX and ASX, should I start trading both at the same time? or should i follow my old plan of doing NZX first which I have more understanding about the companies.

also, I realize a software is very essential, but don't know which one to get, incredible doesn't really have anything regarding NZX.. others I have very limited knowledge of.

I'm currently a uni student, but believe I can get time doing daily analysis everyday. before I had a relatively good idea and plan of what I need to do, by searching for every company and finding the right one and look it in detail, including relevant figures and news, also the line trends.
    I'm using asb securities at the moment..

but now I'm kind of confused to start with, and sincerely asking for a beginner's talk..
    thanks!!
    Last edited by stone small green; 17-08-2009 at 11:02 PM.