sharetrader

Threaded View

It is now 3 weeks since the SFO took the unprecedented and as yet unjustified step of putting Allan Hubbard and his wife into Statutory Management.

I would have thought this would have been plenty of time to validate any strong implications of fraud. I would have thought some public statement would have been mandatory, by this time.

All we have is Simon Botherway deeply embroiled in his brother's insolvency, with weak and feeble reasons being offered why there was no conflict of interest for his role in recommending statutory management to the Minister.

Nothing from Simon Power, as responsible Minister.

I continue to find it remarkable that Minister Power seems to wish to dispense with basic rights in our legal system and continues to favour a "rule by whim" approach over "rule by law". His proposals, as part of court procedure modernisation, to strip defendants of their right to confront their accusers is one example. A more chilling example is his attitude to the Search and Surveillance Bill - government agencies will be allowed to break laws, trespass, to conduct surveillance. Now we have Allan Hubbard's statutory management - why does Minister Power think that AH needs his permission to buy a tin of beans?

Simon Power, it seems, wants to be the chief architect of a future NZ police state.

I am still white hot with rage over this injustice to Allan Hubbard. This is a vital issue of basic justice ... the fourth estate is absent without leave, parliament is silent ... I shall certainly keep this issue top of mind at the next election.
    Last edited by Enumerate; 08-07-2010 at 12:58 PM.
    Do not consider my postings as investment advice. I am here to share research and to speculate on what might be. The boundary between fact and conjecture might not always be clear - best to treat all comments as speculation.