Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Just had it clarified - the target parachute deployment time is 1.1 secs (fully deployed and inflated) from event with automatic electronic firing of rocket. From a hover you will fall less than 6 metres in that time, and it takes only 2 more metres to slow down to the parachute descent rate. So if they can achieve this then 8m is enough. They also say they are designing other safety features to take a 10m fall.
The physics and forces involved to get a free fall arrested in 1.1 seconds and 10m are way beyond my comprehension! 1.1 seconds - they are having you on surely? Is there any system in the world that comes even comparibly close?

US navy fight jet ejector seats take over 4 seconds and I have no idea how much money they would have invested in that technology.

You might find there is a lot more money to be made in the safety systems than in the jetpack!

Or imagine the military application. You'd be able to drop paratroopers over enemy lines and the could free fall to 10m deploy the chute and land before anyone know it

The technology to recognise an engine failure, blast out a chute and get the chute inflated in less than 1.2 seconds must surely be a world first. Have they given you any idea how long they expect to perfect this technology - or is it an idea with another 30 years worth of development.

But I suspect there will be justification and the money for flying paramedic response in other cities of the world. Even motorbikes can't take the crows route to emergency events. And maybe a medical insurer will diferentiate its product with guaranteed response times enabled by flying paramedics - you buy the insurance to get the service.
I think you missed my point. That you can create a device to fly paramedics is one thing. To actually get paramedics to fly it is quite a different proposition. The desire to save life does not ordinarily go hand-in-hand to significantly risk ones own life!