Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
Fungus Pudding these same houses have been on the market at least six times in the last 2.5 years & they still think they will get close to QV. Nice Houses selling at around QV gives all the rubbish of the same size 7 locality a totally erroneous QV because they do not even look at the houses. If you go to look at house the real estate agent hands you a copy of the QV. I have even had a registered valuer. Value A property that I had a beneficial interest at $100000.00 over its worth because he did not do the required research of the building. I even asked the Public Trustee to ask the inept valuer to refund his exorbitant fee. As in my opinion he should not be allowed to value a matchbox. So a lot of the blame attaches to the Real Estate agents that in trying to get listing give Vendors an unrealistic idea that they will get close to QV. I can even go back over 35 years when in a provincial area where houses in Maori State & Private housing in mixed blocks were given exorbitant GVs as they were in those days as apolitical expediancy.
As far as I can make out, you employed a valuer through the public trust, who valued a property which you owned or part owned, and you obviously tested the market by attemting to sell it.
It failed to sell and the best offer is $100,000 below his figure. Is that it? If so, what percentage below his figure is the 100,000?