Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
Thank you Major.

Whether a chart, dart, in depth or superficial analysis, or whatever else, a well structured criticism of a method used in the arena of shares will no doubt be a useful tool to someone, in fact you mention none of the useful discussion is chart based, which suggests that a chart may engender positive discussion, surely a good thing.

Charting is not something I follow, but it never stopped me reading Phaedrus’ well intentioned posts, as some of his comments were of great value to me. My objection to the use of the word idiot in connection to him was simply that I felt it was undeserved, as undeniably he was well thought of here, and as he no longer posts here is not in a position to defend your attack on him.

Phaedrus’ title of Guru – whichever way you look at it, he helped many to better understand the share market, willingly and patiently. His title could have been anything, it wouldn’t alter what he did.

I believe I am a reasonably well educated, rational member of society, and, like you, defend my right to comment here on something which I consider distasteful, that is the name calling.

Let us all on ST rise above our politicians, who on any given day can be heard to resort to the pettiness of name calling. And I am not singling you out, Major.

I look forward to reading many more educated and helpful posts here.
Well-called!

Perhaps there was a time when momentum trading wasn't a part of the big-boys strategy. However, it certainly must be now. Algorithmic trading is hardly a "fundamentals-based" strategy for starters.