sharetrader

Threaded View

Hi Silverlight,

I used the online application form under "New Issues" on the Direct Broking website a few weeks ago. The form just asks whether you want to be mailed a prospectus and how much NZ$ you wish to spend. I wouldn't want to disclose the amount but it does not exceed the notional "$10,000 threshold" discussed in earlier posts.

Then I called Direct Broking and they told me I had a "firm offer" as per the prospectus. Direct Broking told me that I couldn't apply for an amount of units (I suppose because the price has not yet been determined) but rather had to specify an amount to invest.

I like the idea of investing in this large exporter because they seem to perform well even with a strong NZ$.

I'm interested to see how it all pans out. I'm also keeping an eye on my XRO shares

EDIT: I did notice that the part at the back of the prospectus does not have images of the relevant persons signatures (where it appears there should be signatures) - made me think of ss 39 & 41 of the Securities Act 1978...
    Last edited by robbo24; 14-11-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Additional comments re Securities Act.