Thanks for your post Lizard. Much appreciated as always.

I have confidence in the board too. Perhaps I should have used the word trust; and despite my statement I do in fact trust them. Having resided/worked in Singapore for 3 years out of the last 8, and given the business sector I worked in, I had reasonable exposure to the Hong Leong Group and as such have no issue there at all.

Having said that, I do think the board of CDI and MCK need to continually counter the negative NZ perception of Asian ownership and a bit more transparency wouldn't hurt, and may even improve the stocks liquidity/public profile issue.

For instance, I wouldn't expect RYM to state they 'bought 4.1 hectares of land in Auckland' and leave it at that. Even if they couldn't name the exact location (ie for reasons of confidentially) then they would still give a better indication of the site's whereabouts and an approximation of how many units/beds they intend to convert from the purchase. They also declare amongst other things their future build-rate targets and an array of market data regarding the projected market size of their customer base. I can't find anything comparable coming from CDI.

Reading what I can from CDI's own figures, if the current number of sections sold per month doesn't drop, they will run out of saleable stock by this November.

As for the share price, roughly in my head (given the hour of this post), if CDI's full year result reflects only a 25% increase in EPS (and I expect at least that as H1 was up 42%) , then when I buy a share in CDI for $0.50 I am effectively purchasing the land they own for 1/2 price.