Winner......I don't know if you receive email from Chartwatchers ..if you don't then check out their NASDAQ100 & SP500 AD lines trigger signals article. Scroll 20% down the page to find the article..

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............................

To Noodles and Others...you all may either love or hate TA people... but one thing they do very well is alert to all other groups (including the common and largest group, the Fundamentalists) when an unusual change or divergence has just occurred within the networking environment (macro and micro) surrounding various markets...Unfortunately, for this very reason TAists can be cannon fodder ..FA is a lagging discipline and assume all sudden shorter term market actions the same way..."noise!!!"...therefore with any sudden potential bad news warnings mentioned they tend to deny and shoot the messenger.....

You may have read my often "All the ducks have lined up in a row" quotes over the past years on ST...What the hell are ducks ? I hear you say?

You don't hear much about each individual duck ..The Media don't mention the various duck species as they fail to understand the networked complexity themselves and don't want the threat of losing readers/being criticised ..So..Media don't bother to identify a duck as they see them as individually unimportant and to the lesser educated media unrelated to anything important..and above all totally boring subject to write about...

.....which brings the question When is a duck or not a duck?.................without lots of time to spare the media can ill afford to find out...The end result of all this Media information/disinformation overload is the fact that the readers only get to see a small part of the duck story and constantly see only one or two most common ducks mentioned (e.g VIX,US$ etc)...or worse seeing a duck that's not a duck (a writers personal opinions... and opinions in general plus generated false logic).

Another major problem....Mentioning only the common ducks the media creates a false impression to its readers that these couple of ducks are the major factors affecting the greater scheme of all things, whereas in reality it is the combination of all of them...The power of the whole...
How often have you heard an investor say, "If a I had known this was going to happen I wouldn't been in the market" or "How unlucky am I?... No one could've seen this happening?"..

Just how many ducks are there out there is still unknown as the intire global system is made up of near infinite factors..Thanks to the Industrial Revolution we live in, data accumulation, the means to process this information, and the ability to communicate to the general public the results has exponentially expanded to give us some sort of knowledge to the law and order of how this gigantic global gearbox behaves...thereby improving our ability to forecast future happenings...

To find various ducks.. Chartwatchers for example use their charting tools but their major statistical chart weapon is historical correlation to comfirm a duck status......the more ducks found the better the forecasting..

For us Plebs not privy to the higher order of things and want to make an investment bob..we have to dredge all media to find the many hidden ducks from our lowly viewed postion...Chartwatchers is also media and so we have to constantly search the web and other forms of communication.

So... it was a joy to this duck hunter when The Chartwatcher email arrived this morning ...wow look at all those ducks....
Correlated data include :...
VIX
AD Signals
Energy sector charted data with correlations
Material sector charted data with correlations
$US Dollar charted data with correlations
Commodites sector charted data incl oil gold silver copper and Lumber...with correlations
Investor (behaviour) decision point charted data
SMA 50 breaks on Equity markets
Russell 200 chart behaviour as a leading indicator with correlations
Home construction sector charted data with correlations
10 Treasury yield rates with correlations
Software Industry sector charted data with correlations

Hmmm .....Is there a duck line forming?