MELCA will become MEL shortly, a long termer for my portfolio. I've only bought the IPO, and recently sold 20% of that IPO issue to part cover the instalment receipt and will top up the instalment balance from another recent sale of an under performer. At present with a holding average of $1 (the IPO price), MELCA has been a great performer even at the current oversold price. The $0.50 instalment payment will bring back the overall gain to just excellent, as opposed to stellar at present. And all this for a solidly profitable utility, countercyclical and promising healthy returns at relatively low risks for the long haul. The only concern on the horizon is whether the anti-privatisation lobby gets in power, though I'll concern myself with that closer to the time. Back in the bottom drawer they go, a happy holder.

BAA

Quote Originally Posted by dingoNZ View Post
One would imagine those who paid the IS would be planning to hold for the long term, at a guess those profit taking would sell before the IS is due. Just my 2c. I will be buying back in just prior to it being due.