Quote Originally Posted by Vaygor1 View Post
I think the market must be a bit skeptical Roger, even with RYM up 15c yesterday. With 40 days before announcing, and such a clear signal 5 months ago re attaining FY lift of 15%, I am feeling positive.

Sounds like winner and possibly yourself believe such a result is already priced in. I think it has a bit of room to move yet.

Winner makes a good point though. In my view, if RYM fall short of the 15% by even a smidgeon, the market will be very unsympathetic (as always) and theoretically provide some excellent buying opportunities.
Not sure if they've ever been this far behind the eight ball in recent years (first half growth at 6% so far under annual target) so it will be interesting that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
From Couta1's post #3386 SUM thread.
Simon Challies from the latest Ryman times;
"We've got a busy year ahead and we are off to a flying start.I can't remember a busier period in the history of the company.etc.Hang on to your hats folks because it's going to be a great year."
Does not seem he shares posters concerns?
Simon is talking about the year ahead, the one they're reporting on next month is already done and dusted.

On a positive note it was great to see real estate prices across much of New Zealand continue their upward momentum last month.
What intrigue's me a little is we've seen them absolutely boom in Auckland over the last two years in particular and yet the SP's of RYM in particular and SUM to a lesser extent haven't shown a similar momentum. I'd suggest this augers very well for embedded value and future realisation of same.