Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
I was referring to relevant, traceable costs (to the application process) which is what the Commerce Commission will care about when they sit down with Harmoney for a chat.
I wasn't specifically referring to what you said - just highlighting that Harmoney are operating at a loss - which leads to the idea that perhaps they are not charging enough to cover their costs, which are clearly not all covered by the platform fee (actually only a relatively small portion are which may well be fair and reasonable)...

I personally am not convinced that the actual case being brought forward (which has nothing to do with the amount being charged), will succeed. From my perspective there is a significant difference between *platform fee* and *credit fee* and how Peer-to-Peer borrowing/investment work - it will be interesting to see the courts *clarification*.

My take on the Fee: Peer-to-peer lending/investment is quite different from traditional banking. The Harmoney platform has been created and is required for the borrowing process to occur, hence all costs associated with it (as hinted at in a number of previous posts), can *reasonably* be charged (the original weighted fee not so much - which could be problematic for Harmoney).

We will just have to wait for the outcome of the initial 'clarification' of *credit fee*. It could be another few years before they get to the actual fee amount...