sharetrader

Threaded View

Suppose I'm just a traditional investor at heart too, much like the other dog on here, actually strongly prefer real earnings not all this creative hogwash terminology...and if its not real earnings then at the very least I want to know the real cash coming in.
    Beagle

And maybe you can help me out mate. If the above is your thinking, what made you invest in PPH in the first place ???
    Iceman
    Good question. Thinking back I did think they would be growing EPS strongly within a year or two after saying they would be cash flow neutral by Q4 2017, (missed). This was probably a bit naïve on my part. So since my original investment they've :-
    1. Missed on delivering that they were going to be cash flow neutral in Q4 2017
    2. Changed the way they measure ACMR several times last year, (to show it in the best light ?)
    3. Already have 50 of the largest churches on board, one presumes some or nearly all the other largest churches either aren't interested or use alternative apps
    4. Moving cost of new customer acquisition out to 18 months revenue from 12 indicating most of the low hanging big fruit has already been picked
    5. Share price has roughly doubled

My perception that growth is slowing quite considerably compared to what they've experienced in the past makes me wonder if they'll meet their new target of cash flow neutral by Q4 2018 ? I thought there was good money to be made when I first started investing and growth would see this company REAL earnings positive within a few years, now I am not so sure and the price rise since I first invested has made me think there might be other real EPS growth companies that are lower risk but still high growth, ATM and Synlait spring readily to mind.

I have ALWAYS preferred real earnings growth to creative other terms used by tech companies. I guess my investment naivety was that I thought the pathway between cash flow neutral and real EPS would only be a year or two and I invested "punted" on that basis. Silly mistake really, profitable one but silly nonetheless.
    I should probably leave tech investing for people who are really into this sort of thing, (no disrespect intended to any holder).
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-01-2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine