Hi Duncan

What about the following scenario:

Rent a high end property for a fraction of what it would cost you to own it.

Own several (or many) lower - middle range properties that's rents easily cover the cost of owning them (including maintenance).

This has been my philosophy for the last 5 years, and it beleive it has allowed me to have a higher standard of living, while still making huge capital gains over and above what I would have if I had purchased an equivilent property (to the one i am renting).

I am not anti owning your own home, and indeed I am looking forward to one day living in a home that I own. Its about growth now and consolidating later.

My point is that everyones circumstanses are different and for me I wanted to find a way to live fairly luxuriously while still maximising my wealth creation. Not something I believe I could have done by owning the home I lived in unless I sacrificed some of the quality of life that i was used to.

Of course, to keep renting and not own any rental properties at all would have been costly indeed! so dont get me wrong duncan, i agree that property is a great investment.

Regards,

Sauce [}] [8D]