sharetrader

Threaded View

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Same here Couta... thoroughly agree.
    I don't wish to turn this thread into a treatise on gambling in general and Sky City in particular. I know there are forum members out there with strong views on this topic. And I don't expect any more posting on my part will convince them that Sky City is anything more than a den of sin.

Yet on the positive side of the ledger there are a couple of things that potential shareholders and moral crusaders should know about though.

1/ The ’20 by 2020’ ($20 per hour) initiative will see SKYCITY increase the hourly rate of its lowest-paid employees by 21 per cent over the three years, compared to the official Statutory Minimum Wage of $16.50 as of 1 April 2018. SKYCITY is the first major listed New Zealand company to commit to a $20-an-hour minimum wage.

2/ The National Convention Centre that Sky City are building in Auckland will cost them $430m, and they have negotiated a similar sized contribution from Fletcher Building. That means an $800m project for Auckland at no financial cost to the taxpayer or ratepayer. Even these days, $800m can go a long way to alleviating poverty in Auckland.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 25-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7