Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
I was brushing up on a little bit of Buffet today and thought I'd play a little theoretical exercise this weekend. I have my answer already but will post that on Monday.

Congratulations, you just inherited one million dollars and there are just two conditions. Its to be held in trust for you and all dividends received reinvested and you can't touch it for 10 years. You can only choose one company to invest the full amount into. Which company do you choose and why ?
Opening thread question... repeated, because it seems many have missed the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
Wow ........ bitter much? So only allowed to use NZX listed? I love it when the ill informed start looking down their nose at unlisted.. NZX is by international standards an absolute farce - what other market (outside the third world) allows companies to announce they are insolvent and remain listed? Can anyone find a listing on NZX trading at 1/10th of a cent? Or years without turning a profit...... some of our listings will be famous internationally for continuous losses..... How about the back door listings and the repeat offenders they legitimise!? They allow the continuous disclosure requirement to be used for ramping but go soft on omissions.
Maybe you should set up a thread..... only NZX and you can only rely on NZX updates. Good on Percy for doing actual homework!
Way to go in terms of missing the point of my post.