Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
I am in this purely for yield so have I have decided to exit my stake at this stage and will reevaluate my position in due course. The political climate is simply too hostile at present and I have noted a breakdown through the 100 day MA. The blatant hypocrisy of this Government with their rampant and repeated increases in fuel taxes makes me almost physically sick.
AIR has a higher yield and is in my view a better risk-reward proposition at this point, (see my post in that thread this morning) and AIR's yield in my view is likely to be more sustainable over the very long term. FWIW that's where I redirected my capital...not much joy fighting Govt, might as well join with them with their majority stake in the airline. I have learned from my gentailier investments partnering with the Govt is much more rewarding than fighting them ! Good luck to holders.
As stated above, I will reevaluate this one down the track a bit.
Throw up all you like just keep a doggy bag under your mouth, clean up as you go thanks. I see youve chosen to carry on politicking on this thread. Just remember national have done nearly exactly the same amount in fuel taxes and patheticly wrote a "strongly" worded letter to the fuel companies about their profiting, NOTHING ELSE, pathetic. At least this govt is doing all it can to be pro active and try and force some changes on the Fuel companies. Thank dog for that!

Been a good time in ZEL for me but watching closely atm.