sharetrader

Threaded View

https://www.cnbc.com/world/?region=world

I see the trade deal as very good news for global growth. As I see it this is a real "risk on" environment.
    NZX50 is said to be on a forward PE of 29 already and after gaining ~ 30% in 2019 I am not sure how much gas is in the tank for a big 2020 but I like the prospects for the American market, (forward PE is 19 for S&P 500), and the Australian market in particular which should see very good growth from a resurgent demand for base metals and minerals, (forward PE about 18).

I hold significant positions in Marlin (MLN) and Barramundi (BRM) to enjoy what is hopefully an exceptional year for the American and Australian markets.
    I think this environment is also very good for financials, (sizeable holding in HGH) retirement stocks, my preferred ones are MET and SUM and growth stocks on reasonable PE's.
    Bonds are a very bad place to be in 2020 in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-12-2019 at 07:23 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine