sharetrader

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by TB@squirrel.co.nz View Post
    From my initial review, it looks like there could be a bottleneck in our processing when the investment up for transfer doesn’t meet the automatic transfer criteria outlined in the Secondary Market Rules - usually because the remaining term on the investment is below the term tolerances or the loan the investment relates to has had a credit event at some point.
    A credit event is really irrelevant to an investor because of the reserve fund. That is why they pay the 2% extra for every loan (good or bad), don't they?

The remaining investment term is also really irrelevant to an investor (except for the higher interest rate higher term loans offer alongwith greater probability of greater longevity) because these loans can be repaid early without penalty irrespective of investment term anyway.

So, if dozens of loans are sitting in your secondary market unsold for weeks (even months for the odd ones, I've heard) at 8%+ when investors are queuing to be filled at 6%, there are definitely serious bottlenecks in your system. Interestingly, this is when your webpage apologizes for investment delays on account of loan demand exceeding supply.

I'm also told your secondary market is opaque to most of your investors at most times, because secondary market loans at rates higher than your bidding range are rarely visible to your investors. Perhaps sunlight will do the Squirrel loans some good.
    Last edited by beacon; 06-02-2020 at 05:21 AM.