sharetrader

Thread: SANford Chart

Threaded View

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    From the SAN half year report;

"The projects we have underway in our diverse fishing division, both inshore and in the deep sea fleet are going well, but they are substantial undertakings requiring significant investment of capital, time and expertise and therefore require our patience as we tackle the move from commodity to added value, species by species."

Buenos días Iceman, would you care to comment?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    I don't really know what they are referring to as they haven't made any announcements that I've noticed. But I heard a little rumour that they have signed a deal to build replacement scampi vessels in Holland. I've seen some of the requirements they put out for tendering for them and am underwhelmed. Their last couple of vessel purchases have been disasters as has been discussed on this thread and I fear they are once again making a mistake when selecting new equipment. Cost savings seem to have a higher priority than anything else, which is not the wisest thing to do when selecting new machinery to last you for decades. I thought they had learnt from the last 2 stuff ups.

No idea what else they are doing but as I have stated on this thread, their toothfish vessels need replacing soon and I suspect the lack of performance in this fishery for SAN this year may be partly due to other operators having much better vessels to compete in the Ross Sea's olympic fishery.

I find the result on the whole underwhelming/disappointing.
    Last edited by iceman; 29-05-2020 at 08:23 AM.