Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
Regardless of what they say, Stuff remaining separately owned & not part of NZME is best in competitive markets
and also for readers, advertisers & community at large.

The media have only themselves to blame for the way they are perceived, or recent declining performances

News & Article quality & content has been declining over past 20 years to shadow of it's former self with many papers etc

NZME papers are the worst culprits in this decline. Paywalls serve on P**** off many readers
I'm sick & tired of seeing great bulk of worthwhile interest articles on NZH & other NZME sites hidden behind paywalls.

That straight away sends many off to Stuff, the Aussie sites, Reuters, CNN or elsewhere

Stuff's Sunday Star is very good reading & I would be disappointed to see Stuff become part of the NZME run down poorly performing Stable

The independent smaller media companies by and large are producing far better content etc than the big two incumbents in the market (although there aren't many of these)
I was shocked at the standard of questioning at the Jacinda / Ashley press conferences. Just appalling, I wanted to shake them.
And then they have their hand out looking to Government to restructure their sector. Hardly worth it. Was interested to see the self interest / preservation when those discussions surfaced early on.