sharetrader

Thread: ZEL - Z Energy.

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Out my way Z station has 91 @ 2.22 and Pak'n' Save next door (also supplied by Z according to the pump) has it for $2.06 all before any discounts.
    May be Pak'N'Save is taking the hit and trying to get more people in to the Supermarket with cheaper petrol??

P.S. The other 2 stations nearby, a Mobil and a GAS all at 2.22, however sort of between them and me ( a little closer) a Mobil and Caltex at $2.10
    Our suburban Z is currently 3cpl more for 91 than the cluster of stations 10km away. Another suburban Z a few km from to me has the same 3cpl difference. That isn't enough to warrant traveling the distance to save the $1.20 on a full tank, or even sit in the queue at the slightly cheaper sites, but I accept other locations may have larger price discrepancies. What I have noticed however, is that these discrepancies are fleeting with prices raised or lowered regularly, but with some lag.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Price competition hurts everyone. Where does it stop. Z needs to compete in other ways.
    You're definitely right bottomfeeder, and as consumers we continue to feed this as we shop almost purely on price, and this has resulted in a race to the bottom (no pun intended) with service and quality being compromised. Changes to the supply chain and geopolitical conflict (such as the west v China) will no doubt have a profound effect on all consumer goods & services.

While we do take a cursory look at fuel prices when filling our hybrid vehicle, life is short so I'd rather spend that doing something enjoyable or upskilling which generates a higher income, than our neighbours who prodly announced a few weeks ago they were driving across town because they've found a service station that sells fuel a few cpl cheaper.
    Last edited by Zaphod; 12-03-2021 at 11:51 AM.