Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
Give it a few weeks (post 30 June year end) and I am picking STU to be one of the first companies to provide some figures/numbers with a nice earnings upgrade.

My neighbor in front had to wait 6 weeks to get his steel beams for his house reno and that's after he paid up to get them.

So there must be some very nice margin improvements happening out there with steel prices going up and no requirement to compete on prices like in the last few years.
Just been told by one of my contacts in the building industry that STU has advised them of further price increases in July and for certain products, to expect further delays in deliveries as well.

Things are getting really grim out there for the independent building industry players who were buying their construction & building materials (in previous years) like steel from direct importers who are now squeezed out of the supply chain. Only loyal & long staying customers are getting ready access to supplies - pays to have a good relationship with established distributors like STU.