sharetrader

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    That is not what I'm saying at all. I am saying that planning for home ownership while there are two incomes and shared expenses is rather more likely to result in home ownership than in life long renting in private or social housing. This is not new.

Feel free to disagree but suggest that first check out the examples and anecdotes in the N&S article, including which organisations have provided them and see if you think there is an agenda running. Ask yourself how many of the thousands of first home owners who buy each and every month were interviewed about how they did it. Apparently "according to one estimate, 70 per cent of first-home buyers need the Bank of Mum and Dad to help with a deposit" - we are not told who estimated this, or based on what.
    Are there stats on the average age of first home buyers and on the average age of first time mothers, who own their own home. I suspect aspiring geriatric mothers (age 35+) are more common as result of delayed motherhood becoming more frequent as couples struggle to afford a suitable stable home, without being dependent on a Landlord's agenda. Although only anecdotal I know of several situations like that.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-09-2021 at 01:49 PM.