Quote Originally Posted by smpl View Post
Kia ora! I'm asking this question in the hope that there are people here who have experience with business loans. Our cash flows are a bit tight so I wish to investigate a business loan. Is it a simple process/common practice with the bank? We use the same bank for property holdings but I assume that won't be an issue as we have a LVR under 30% ie equity > 70%. Is there a way of determining how much the bank might lend for say every $10k of stock on hand in the business? I understand that this might depend on other factors like income relative to stock on hand, net profit (ie income and expenses) or the sizes of mortgages. I do wonder whether a simpler task maybe increasing the mortgage size. Any insights would be really appreciated!
Should be a pretty straight forward process I'm sure your bank will be able to sort out and if you can use RES equity get the better rate ...

I borrowed 35k from my bank end of last year to pay some Provis TAX rather than take money out of the ASX/AUD .. was just an add-on to a commercial loan (thats secured by RES home equity)..