sharetrader
Page 45 of 129 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Another absolutely disgraceful populist policy from ACT, putting 17 year olds into the adult prison system!

David Seymour throwing more red meat to the angry ignorant rabble.

Imagine putting school age kids into the adult penal system.
    Someone like Sam Uffindale's age when he was still at school & assaulted the young 1st year and broke his ribs, could have gone to prison.

Unbelievable how low this party prepared to go.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 09-07-2023 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Another absolutely disgraceful populist policy from ACT, putting 17 year olds into the adult prison system!

The woke labour, greens and maori are going to loose this election.... thank god.
    Last edited by BDL; 09-07-2023 at 07:04 PM.

Legend

Imagine putting school age kids into the adult penal system.
    Someone like Sam Uffindale's age when he was still at school & assaulted the young 1st year and broke his ribs, could have gone to prison.

Can't be too school age if they're into stolen cars, ram raids, aggravated burglary, etc etc

probably all got early exit passes for life outside

unbelievable how low the excuses for these out of control little thugs are being thrown

Thank god for David Seymour. Cuts straight to the point on these insane policies from the radical Marama Mugabe

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...ri/ar-AA1dXfWJ
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Guru

The interesting thing is that under the current (and internationally subscribed) system they are tried as adults for serious crimes already.
    ACT was party to the change when last in power - just another dog whistle to those who don't know how things currently work.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...GWPDA6QIENOZI/

Election 2023: Act founder Roger Douglas not voting for Act, over welfare, wealth, tax concerns

Roger "NO Personal Income Tax to be taken 20 Years after GST Introduced" as Labour's Finance Minister ... throws a swinging Spewie

Guess Seymour has taken ACT where Douglas could never have reached ...

and as all would have guessed - good old Labour have pocketed the Personal Income Tax .. like the incompetent mob of squanderors that they always get found out to be

Go have a drink with Winnie - Roger and have a little talk about the old days .. when Labour loved you both before the cause turned around for want of better words .. sh!t on both of you

That's the Red Pigsty that both you were conned in aiding and abetting before being tossed adrift and abandoned by the hopeless hapless cause
    Last edited by nztx; 18-07-2023 at 07:33 PM.

Permanent Newbie

Interesting Roger Douglas & founding ACT party member not voting ACT this election.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...GWPDA6QIENOZI/

To paraphrase "The only thing dumber than David Seymour's face is his parties policies".

To be truthful Sir Roger did not say that as he is not an ignoramus like myself. To quote. Sir Roger Douglas says his former party has “lost the plot” and he will not be voting for it in the coming election because he believes Act only represents the wealthy.

I would add "racist deplorables" to "wealthy" when describing ACT voters. Although as I say this I support the negative reaction to racist policies around co-governance and hospital waiting lists but would not vote ACT on this basis.

Although I see nztx's interpretation of the same article appears slightly different to mine, that said I am not entirely certain of the point he is trying to make.
    Last edited by Aaron; 19-07-2023 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post

I would add "racist deplorables" to "wealthy" when describing ACT voters.
    On what basis?
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    On what basis?
    Well ACT is polling 11-12% and assuming not everyone in the top 10% is individualistic (BlackPeter interprets this word differently) then who are the people that ACT's policies will appeal to?

Maybe my assumptions are wrong. I am not even sure what all ACTs policies are to be honest.
    Last edited by Aaron; 19-07-2023 at 09:19 AM.