sharetrader
Page 46 of 129 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Well ACT is polling 11-12% and assuming not everyone in the top 10% is individualistic (BlackPeter interprets this word differently) then who are the people that ACT's policies will appeal to?

Maybe my assumptions are wrong. I am not even sure what all ACTs policies are to be honest.
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Not that you have said my assumption is wrong but based on your posts I will assume you think it is wrong. On what basis???

Not that you have said my assumption is wrong but based on your posts I will assume you think it is wrong. On what basis???
    Your wording itself was confusing.

EITHER

1. That Act voters are all "individualistic".
    2. That all people who are "individualistic" are racist.

OR

1. Some are not "individualistic" but by still voting for Act they are racist. And you still don't explain why (my original question).

By the same token anyone who support Labour/Greens/Maori party is racist because of the racist policies that this Govt is bringing in (and Act don't even have ANY policies targeting race). Or does that not count?
    BTC went to $69K and now $16K. Good thing I’ve been warning you since it was $3K! I was right!

Membaa

Maybe my assumptions are wrong. I am not even sure what all ACTs policies are to be honest.
    Good grief, you have a lot to say about things you don't know or even be bothered to find out? https://www.act.org.nz/policies

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    Your wording itself was confusing.

EITHER

1. That Act voters are all "individualistic".
    2. That all people who are "individualistic" are racist.

OR

1. Some are not "individualistic" but by still voting for Act they are racist. And you still don't explain why (my original question).

By the same token anyone who support Labour/Greens/Maori party is racist because of the racist policies that this Govt is bringing in (and Act don't even have ANY policies targeting race). Or does that not count?
    My wording is confusing? Did you read what you wrote before posting.

Maybe I should have said ACT voters are either "wealthy" or "stupid".

But I did not want to suggest anyone was stupid so suggested that perhaps people's dislike of all things Maori may encourage them to vote ACT even if they were not wealthy. Maybe I should not have used the word "deplorable" as it has negative connotations. But as you point out maybe they are not racists and are in fact the opposite and are against the race-based policy coming from the current govt which is overtly racist. But to vote ACT they would also have to believe in trickle down economics.

I would suggest that anyone who believes that trickle down economics works (for most people) is stupid but as all the political parties are happy with a 2-3% inflation (cost of living) target I guess it must be me who is stupid.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Good grief, you have a lot to say about things you don't know or even be bothered to find out? https://www.act.org.nz/policies
    To be honest I have only heard what David Seymour and FP have to say about flat taxes to not bother going any further with policy research.

Looks like ACT on track to having its second electorate MP - Brooke van Velden in the Tamaki electorate.

She is certainly waging a very effective on the ground campaign with street corner & community halls/churches meetings, putting in the hard yards and presenting herself very well & effectively.

Her message of changing the Tamaki MP but keeping the party vote to National appears to be working too.

Interesting seat to watch. I believe Simon O'Connor is gone burger myself.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...LT3FVJZDZ4YQA/

paywalled

"Act’s private polling in the Tāmaki electorate suggests the race between its deputy leader Brooke van Velden and National’s unranked Simon O’Connor is already neck and neck. The poll may underestimate van Velden’s current support."

Guru

TVNZ running a disingenuous story last night about the growing number of people who feel that race relations in NZ are getting worse. You’d think they would go after Labour and the Greens and Te Pati Maori stirrers plus radical Iwi groups as the culprits for the inevitable backlash to their assault on our democracy, but nah - they were out to get Seymour.

Seymour is getting paranoid.
    Claims there is a $30Bln hole in Government revenue. How can this guy be taken seriously!

National claim its $10Bln, a curious number considering it matches their own fiscal hole in funding that China might fill. No strings attached...

Meanwhile Seymour is looking over his small shoulders as he can smell whiskey & cigarettes wafting from Winston as he is charging his election chariot up Seymour's twerking arse.
    Please Mr Luxon, rule Winnie out he cried!

Apologies for the imagery. 😅
    Last edited by Daytr; 03-08-2023 at 07:58 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Seymour is getting paranoid.
    Claims there is a $30Bln hole in Government revenue. How can this guy be taken seriously!

National claim its $10Bln, a curious number considering it matches their own fiscal hole in funding that China might fill. No strings attached...

If Luxon uses China for infrastructure, that would make him a traitor in my books. The man is detestable, that would make it that much more.