sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    sailor rob ... banned now he cant asnwer the question ........... was he banned for talking sh..t ?
    Really? Not surprising I suppose and yes I probably agree that was the reason. Or for attacking any poster that disagreed with him.
    Last edited by Daytr; 29-08-2023 at 06:07 PM.

Means a mod decided to logon for the first time in months I guess. Valuegrowth remains unbanned whilst definitely being an AI chatbot, and the forums greatest poster is banned with no reason given. It would be good if there was a thread which was only allowed to be posted in by mods, where they gave the reason for the ban and the length.

Probably going to get in trouble for this but rump steak is $14.90 a kg at Countdown this week. It's an inflation buster and a ray of sunshine in these dark times. Throw some onions in with it (I chopped up garlic tonight) and boil up some spinach and you've got yourself a highly nutritious meal.

Just because NZ has one of the worst economies in the OECD at the moment, doesn't mean one can't eat well.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 29-08-2023 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Means a mod decided to logon for the first time in months I guess. Valuegrowth remains unbanned whilst definitely being an AI chatbot, and the forums greatest poster is banned with no reason given. It would be good if there was a thread which was only allowed to be posted in by mods, where they gave the reason for the ban and the length.
    Greatest poster. Sounds like a Trump statement. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Greatest poster. Sounds like a Trump statement. 藍
    Haha maybe. I will say I come to this forum to learn and debate ideas, and I think I have learnt quite a bit just from reading SailorRobs posts so it's somewhat frustrating he's been banned

https://careersmart.org.uk/occupatio...eakdown-gender

It will be interesting to see the impact of AI. Potentially there may be an uneven effect between men and women given that percentage wise women are employed in office type roles. Office roles are probably most at risk of AI. Is this the beginning of a baby boom.
    Last edited by Fortunecookie; 29-08-2023 at 09:05 PM.

I don't always agree with SR, but I don't think his comments were that bad.

Re: https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/132...isk-of-failing

The investing game just got tougher thanks to AI.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Haha maybe. I will say I come to this forum to learn and debate ideas, and I think I have learnt quite a bit just from reading SailorRobs posts so it's somewhat frustrating he's been banned
    Agree, he might be a bit acerbic and intolerant of ignorance, but he's entertaining and has challenged all of us to think a bit more about what we invest in, and why.

Hopefully his banning is short term, and hopefully he doesn't have a hissy fit about it and comes back. Too many very talented people have been permanently banned and never come back.

Probably banned for not paying up that $200k bet to LEK. Fair enough