sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan on giving your party vote to?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

9 20.93%
  • Labour

2 4.65%
  • ACT

17 39.53%
  • The Greens

1 2.33%
  • NZ First

5 11.63%
  • Te Pāti Māori

0 0%

5 11.63%
  • someone else

0 0%
  • Still undecided

2 4.65%
  • Not voting

2 4.65%

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I am 90% sure I will vote National this election. There is a simple reason for it. I've lived in NZ for 35 years, basically all my adult life and have loved it. I have worked very hard all those years and NZ has been very good to me. My wife also immigrated to NZ around the same time (not together) and feels the same.
    3 of our 4 children have left NZ this year as they don't like where this country is heading and have MUCH better opportunities elsewhere. Our youngest will no doubt head offshore when he finishes his apprenticeship in a couple of years.

I simply do not recognise this country anymore with the huge changes over the last few years, mostly for the worse in my view, and we are highly likely to leave NZ for good if there is not a change of Government and a serious change in direction. It would be against our will and all our plans. So we are voting for a change.
    Having been probably to the left of you a few years ago, your post encapsulates my opinion now too, apart from leaving NZ. Unfortunately however I don’t think there will be the necessary sufficient change of direction, especially with regards to fiscal policy, even if National form the government.

Luxon has definitely improved with communicating policy.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 19-09-2023 at 09:31 PM.