sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan on giving your party vote to?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

9 20.93%
  • Labour

2 4.65%
  • ACT

17 39.53%
  • The Greens

1 2.33%
  • NZ First

5 11.63%
  • Te Pāti Māori

0 0%

5 11.63%
  • someone else

0 0%
  • Still undecided

2 4.65%
  • Not voting

2 4.65%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

As the creator of the poll I expect everyone here, to treat everyone else with respect, regardless of who they voted for in the poll OR who they will vote for in the election. The fact that you posted that question, is a sad reflection on ST and reinforces the fact that ST is not always a "safe place" for people. It should be.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You surely don't expect anyone to own up to that ?

OK. It was just about me wishing to change my vote. I realised that including the last two options in the poll, meant there really needs to be an option to change one's vote. Not a big deal, but so far the results are interesting, so any changes between now and the election, would also be.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    I wasn't implying it was you; you didn't state who wanted to change their vote.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    OK. It was just about me wishing to change my vote. I realised that including the last two options in the poll, meant there really needs to be an option to change one's vote. Not a big deal, but so far the results are interesting, so any changes between now and the election, would also be.
    Polls such as these should really have an option to be chosen at poll creation to allow people to change their vote before a stated deadline. But I don't know how they work on this site.

That's why I'm asking. I don't recall seeing such an option when I created it. There was an option to only allow one vote per person, which I selected. There is no way to go back in and edit the actual poll - only the accompanying post.

Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    Polls such as these should really have an option to be chosen at poll creation to allow people to change their vote before a stated deadline. But I don't know how they work on this site.

Close this poll and run another, do this weekly until election day.

Actually, that's not a dumb idea, although people might not want to bother voting every week. Good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    Close this poll and run another, do this weekly until election day.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Actually, that's not a dumb idea, although people might not want to bother voting every week. Good idea though.
    Do it like the Irish: Vote early and Vote often ;

Discl: I do like the Irish ... and my excuse is that I heard above statement from a nice Irish guy ;

Anyway - I second the proposal, it would be interesting to see how the views change on the way to the election. Start a new poll every Saturday?

One thing, though ... I think we first need to get some more "voters" into the sample.
    With the current group (41 when I last checked) the margin of error must be horrendous - something like +/- 15%, even if we assume that the sample is random (which it is not)
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Ok. I will start a new poll on Saturday.

I agree that it would be good to get more people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Do it like the Irish: Vote early and Vote often ;

Discl: I do like the Irish ... and my excuse is that I heard above statement from a nice Irish guy ;

Anyway - I second the proposal, it would be interesting to see how the views change on the way to the election. Start a new poll every Saturday?

One thing, though ... I think we first need to get some more "voters" into the sample.
    With the current group (41 when I last checked) the margin of error must be horrendous - something like +/- 15%, even if we assume that the sample is random (which it is not)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Labour and the Greens will get more than 1 seat each.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Labour and the Greens will get more than 1 seat each.
    That's a different question, though.

It is blatantly obvious that the sharetrader crowd is not representative for the general NZ population. No matter how good our poll might be (and at the moment it is not) - the best we might be able to do is predicting the polling behaviour of the average sharetrader member.

Nothing in this poll will be able to predict the outcome of the general election.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)