sharetrader
Page 447 of 505 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 5048

Thread: National - FFS!

Proposal by National to reverse speed limit reductions is wasteful spending.

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/09/24/national-to-spend-at-least-30m-to-reverse-speed-limit-changes/

National wants to spend at least $30 million to reverse speed limit reductions on state highways and around neighbourhood streets if elected.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/09/24/national-to-spend-at-least-30m-to-reverse-speed-limit-changes/

National wants to spend at least $30 million to reverse speed limit reductions on state highways and around neighbourhood streets if elected.
    $30 million is peanuts compared to the $100 billion wasted by Labour. I think we need reasonable speed limits, rather than being forced to all go about at a snails pace.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post

Why is it wasteful ? Was it not equally wasteful for Labour to change them in the first place, for no gain ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Only in your deluded mind.

Kiss my arse.
    Same poor quality debate from unBalance.
    Off your meds again?

National want to bring back tax deductibility for interest on investment properties & reduce the Brightline test to two years. They also want to allow foreign buyers over $2M.

Although personally I'm not against the tax deductibility being returned, pulling back from a Clayton's CGT on property & allowing foreign buyers in will all see property prices rising again.

Part of the RBNZs mandate is now housing price stability.

Will National’s policies see the RBNZ have to maintain higher interest rates for longer?
    Will NZ mortgage holders be paying for National’s short term thinking?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    National want to bring back tax deductibility for interest on investment properties & reduce the Brightline test to two years. They also want to allow foreign buyers over $2M.

Although personally I'm not against the tax deductibility being returned, pulling back from a Clayton's CGT on property & allowing foreign buyers in will all see property prices rising again.

Part of the RBNZs mandate is now housing price stability.

Will National’s policies see the RBNZ have to maintain higher interest rates for longer?
    Will NZ mortgage holders be paying for National’s short term thinking?
    Allowing foreign buyers to bid on property over $2 million (bearing in mind that Australians and Singaporeans are already exempt across our entire market) will not lead to the dire consequences that you are proposing. The 'bright line' thing is also a red herring on your part; the family home is exempt and that is a massive carve out. I notice that 99.99% of your posts are simply a matter of putting the boot into National, and I cannot believe that you ever styled yourself as some sort of neutral voter who once voted for National. Just be honest: you are a paid propagandist in the service of the Labour party. No shame at all in fessing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Allowing foreign buyers to bid on property over $2 million (bearing in mind that Australians and Singaporeans are already exempt across our entire market) will not lead to the dire consequences that you are proposing. The 'bright line' thing is also a red herring on your part; the family home is exempt and that is a massive carve out. I notice that 99.99% of your posts are simply a matter of putting the boot into National, and I cannot believe that you ever styled yourself as some sort of neutral voter who once voted for National. Just be honest: you are a paid propagandist in the service of the Labour party. No shame at all in fessing up.
    Coming from the NACT one eyed protagonist.
    I am questioning the impact of what policies will have, that's hardly putting the boot in.

Dropping the Brightline to two years & bringing back tax deductibility will encourage investors back. Probably not a bad thing for the rental market but it will create additional pressure on house prices.

How many houses on the Northshore or in the Eastern suburbs are worth $2M & above?
    Lots I would suggest.
    If a property is worth $1.9M it's likely foreign buyers would pay the extra $100K just to get a foot in.

Besides it's not me who is saying there will be a large volume of sales to foreigners, its Luxon as it helps fund his tax cuts. So are you telling me Luxon is wrong? Can't have it both ways.

I put the boot into all parties at times. Although the current right side of politics does get more attention, as their policies are short termist, populist & none of them give two hoots about the environment or climate change.
    I'm not suggesting the current Labour Government is any better but at least they believe in Climate Change.
    Not voting for either of the main parties, so hardly a Labourite.
    Last edited by Daytr; 25-09-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Luxon now preferred PM - ahead of poor ole Chippie by 5%.

I think National are using the same billboard in every electorate.
    Luxon & the same white guy in a suit.
    They just stick a different name on each one.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dln View Post
    I think National are using the same billboard in every electorate.
    Luxon & the same white guy in a suit.
    They just stick a different name on each one.
    Don’t let facts stand in your way https://www.national.org.nz/team