Maybe that's your fault. People like me always felt you were one of the good guys, so yeah, we trusted you at your word. Don't blame us for being "sucked in" because you suck at satire. Stick with what you know. It was working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
I was originally really bothered by the ACT proposal to expand elecronic surveillance of beneficiaries by issuing their benefit in the form of a card that would allow their case managers to breach their privacy and monitor the details of the way they spend their miserable benefits. I suggested they extend that proposal to monitor their calls and texts as well.

I threw in lots of the tropes, putdowns and prejudices slapped on beneficiaries by many posters on here who's knowledge of the reality of many beneficiary's lives is limited to "something they heard" or "someone who knows". While I was on a roll, I also addressed a proposal to house them in "concentration high rises" (yup -I was dogwhistling).

I was really surprised, given my posting history on this and many other threads, to find that at least some people took my posts as serious rather than satire.

I don't really eat children (well - not often).